Pages

9.26.2015

timeless

We have five kids ranging in age from nearly 6 to 9 1/2.

It isn't uncommon for the volume in our house to be at max.
It isn't uncommon for our kids to be scattered across our home each lost in their own activity.
It isn't uncommon for arguments to pop up or for voices to raise.
It isn't uncommon for feelings to be hurt.

I suppose that's what makes moments like this timeless.

08/29/15

On this particular day, a beautiful, low humidity, clear NC blue sky morning, Ian and I planned to take the kids on an easy hike to fully take advantage of the weather.

But they were all together.  Interacting happily.  Creating a Lego/My Little Pony/Pokemon world where each of them had a part to play.

So we saved the hike idea for another day and instead brewed a pot of coffee.  The harmony emanating from the playroom was better than any time we could have spent outdoors that day...

4 comments:

Julie said...

I have totally done this before! Except I won't even move an inch for fear of disturbing the force. I've camped out in the kitchen for more than an hour just to continue the sibling play time. ☺

Peggy said...

I love reading your blog. It's beautiful to see how you've all come together and formed a tight family.

Unknown said...

How special. Love the harmony.

Anonymous said...

So SWEET and such a pretty playroom.
Joy